India is known as the "beauty of nature," with every ocean and snow covering it.
Uttarakhand in India is a fantastic area to see the magnificent beauty of mountains, rivers, and snow. Trekking is a popular pastime among both tourists and residents in Uttarakhand.
Read more: 9 Top Tourist Destinations in Uttarakhand
An Unusual Himalyan Trek of 2022:
The Phulara Ridge trek is one of the lesser-known Himalayan treasures hidden inside the vast scenery of the Sankri range. It is close to the well-known Kedarkantha trek and is ideal for those trekking fans searching for something different. A ridge is generally part of many high-altitude Himalayan hikes, but it is a special attraction here. There is no other ridge as noticeable as the Phulara Ridge. Imagine a magnificent road on the highest point with a view of gigantic glaciers and mountains on all sides.
Read more: 6 Best Treks in India That Should be on Your Bucket List
The Phulara ridge trek begins in a little village called Sankari in the Uttarkashi district. Sankari is also a camping spot for other treks such as Har ki Dun, Kedarkantha Trek, and Ruinsara.
Walking across this ridge and seeing wonderful meadows on one side and breathtaking valley and mountain vistas on the other is a captivating experience. Phulara Ridge Trek is located in the center of two valleys and has a walking track. It's as if you're walking between the edges of a knife. You will witness beautiful fields on one side, a lovely valley, and mountain panoramas on the other.
Best Winter trek in Uttarakhand:
Experiencing completely snow-covered mountains from a 250-degree viewpoint makes the journey more enjoyable. Being in the center of the mountains amazes and delights you. You'll consider staying put and not leaving such a lovely landscape for a time. A breathtaking panorama of the other mountain ranges, including Dev Kayara peak, awaits you at the summit of the Phulara Ridge Trek.
Before and after reaching the ridge, you walk through the deep forest, where you can view several species of tree-like oaks, dwarf rhododendrons, red maple, pines, and silver birch. Locals rarely use this trail.
This ridge trek will make anyone fall in love with this location. The sun shines through the multiple viewpoints in the dark forests with a pleasant view.
You'll also get to view a lot of birds along the route. In the dark and gloomy forest, you can hear them chirping. The Himalayan Monal, a beautiful bird, is one of the main attractions during the Phulara Ridge Trek journey.
Read more: 5 Best Summer Treks in Himalayas - 2021
The Phulara Ridge Trip is one such trek, accessible from May to the last week of November and is a highly safe trek in the Uttarakhand Himalayas.
The summer season.
● Summer walk to Phulara ridge trek is remarkable since the weather and scenery benefit you.
● Summer treks require simply conventional clothing; there is no need for heated clothing, yet, trekking requires you to pack all your required supplies.
● It is important to pack three pairs of hiking garments, particularly the cloak, for each season.
● Mornings, evenings, and nights in Phulara ridge trek are cold, so bring some warm items, such as a decent jacket and warm thermals, to assist you in staying comfortable in the high-altitude camp.
The monsoon season.
● Throughout the monsoon season, it occasionally rains during the Phulara journey, particularly in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, so bringing dry clothes is a smart idea; even when wet, it dries quickly.
● At this time, you should pack at least three pairs of clothes; for a monsoon trip, you should not bring too warm clothing; at this time, you should bring hiking trousers and a t-shirt.
● It will be simple to learn about each season before going on any adventure.
● Trekkers should be aware of the following, which you may inquire about at any moment: trek route, trek map, weather, climatic conditions, difficulty level, trek beginning point, finish point, transport, view of the trip, the ideal time to visit, Keep this information handy before going.
The Winter Season
● It is not a winter trek.
● The best time to visit the Phulara Ridge Trek is from the first week of May to the last week of November.
● It snows around 5 to 8 feet in the winter, and going here may be dangerous.
Why is fitness important for the Phulara Ridge Trek?
On Moderate hikes, you walk 6-8 kilometers every day. The ascents and descents might be challenging. The highest altitude will be around 13,000 to 14,000 feet. You'll encounter tough spots (like snow or scree) regularly, which will require you to navigate cautiously. There might be minor stream/river crossings.
You aim to run 5 kilometers in 35 minutes or less.
Please keep in mind that if you are above the age of 58, you must submit your Treadmill Test within 7 days after registering.
1. Where is Phulara Ridge Trek?
Phulara Ridge Trek is located towards the north-east of Uttarakhand just 25 km from the border with Himachal Pradesh. Phulara ridge trek starts from a small village named Sankari in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Phulara
2. Why Phulara Ridge Trek is Best Winter trek in Uttarakhand?
The Phulara Ridge Trek is extremely uncommon in India. Phulara Ridge Trek has a beautiful stretch walking on a mountain ridge. What this means is, you will walk on a narrow elevated crest for some distance, while slopes on either side of the crest/ridge line dropping down.
3. What is the exact distance of Phulara Ridge Trek?
The Phulara Ridge Trek distance is 25Km to walking through this ridge for 4-5 hours you can see lovely meadows on one side and a beautiful valley and the mountain views on another side is mesmerizing experience.
4. What is the best time to visit Phulara Ridge Trek?
The best time to visit this Phulara Ridge Trek is during the summer months between June and May.
Best Months: March, April, May, June, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.
5. Which one is best Phulara Ridge Trek Route?
Find the complete route here;
Day 1: Reach Sankri
Day 2: Sankri to Sikolta
Day 3: Sikolta to Bhoj Gadi via Karsu Thatch
Day 4: Bhoj Gadi to Pushtara via Phulara ridge
Day 5: Pushtara to Taluka. Drive to Sankri
Day 6: Departure from Sankri
#PhularaRidgeTrek #KedarkanthaTrek #WinterTrek